By Lissette Waugh
Skincare has made a comeback in full force. The trend toward skincare reflects a growing desire for self-care and an emphasis on health and wellness in all aspects of life. With the rise of social media and easy access to information, people are becoming more aware of the importance of caring for their skin. Skincare has become essential to our daily routines, and people are looking for ways to improve their skin health. As the summer approaches, here are my favorite tips to keeping your skin healthy and protected.
- Wear sunscreen: It’s crucial to apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher to protect your skin from harmful rays.
- Hydrate: Drinking plenty of water will keep your skin hydrated and looking healthy.
- Avoid Hot showers: Hot water can strip your skin of its natural oils, try and take lukewarm showers instead.
- Use a lightweight moisturizer: In the summer, you may want to switch to a lighter moisturizer that won’t feel heavy on your skin.
- Exfoliate gently: Exfoliating can help remove dead skin cells and keep your skin looking fresh, but make sure to use a gentle exfoliate to avoid irritating your skin.
- Wear a hat: Wearing a hat can provide additional protection from the sun and help keep your face cool.
- Limit sun exposure: Avoid direct sunlight, especially during the hottest parts of the day.
- Skincare regimen: If in doubt about what products are best for you, schedule an appointment with a skincare professional who can analyze your skin and start you on a regular skin care regimen suited just for you.